Saturday, October 15, 2016

Fall Frost, Killer Frost


Since the remodel, we have removed the outside thermometer from it's old place on the old kitchen window.

When I woke up on Friday, I saw white across the yard and across the meadows. The night before was supposed to have a hard freeze, but this looked as if we'd really gotten cold!

I love the frost patterns that can be found in the yard.




Sometimes I wonder if the frost photos aren't just a bit more dramatic in black and white and not color?




All I know is that fall is so fleeting and so full of photographic opportunities that I wish there was more time to spend exploring.

I walked up to the ridge and was slightly surprised not to see any frost. But the sun had already been shining for a little while. The autumn air was heavy with a haze and the trees were absolutely brilliant in the morning light.


I love these moments and wish I could hang on to them forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.