Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Playing Around, Still Life


I'm working on week six now for the Still Life class.  This week's lesson is more on lighting, natural lighting, and props.

I realized that while putting my knickknacks away last spring in prep for the remodeling, that I put some of my favorite 'props' away also.

I wonder if I should dig them out and just use them and then stick them back in what ever big tub I stored them in? Or go find something else?

I have some ideas that are not all coffee cups, textures, and flowers.  I do like using these items, but I don't want to do the same thing over and over.

I want to try some other things.  
Toys, crayons, old curtains, a doily, and a little bird ... I don't know.  This is one I like better only because it is cheerful and reminds me of children.

I have a shot I really need to do over again.  Props are my old glasses, pages of my grandmother's journal, and a horse blanket.

Here was the "idea" but I just really did not like how it turned out.



And another idea...


Well, this one will be a do-over also.
I just haven't figured out how to get the elements I want in this shot.

Perhaps just a bit, spurs, and the carousel horse?

I'd really love to go riding Siera instead but we are in the terrible slippery mud season. 
Perhaps I need to clear my head and take Morris on a mud run.

Then I can come back and toss around some more ideas.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.