Thursday, October 24, 2013

Productive Day!

Recieved my Dolica TX570 Ultra Compact Tripod with Professional Ball Head the day before.  So yesterday morning I took of with the tripod to try it out at Jersey Valley.

The results were more than satisfactory.




It was cold and frosty, but still quite stunning even with the overcast skies.  While at Jersey Valley, it flurried!

Morris went on a hike with me to hunt up little fungi.


We found more than one variety.  I got full of burrs while getting way down on my knees and ...even further  'down' to get the 'shots'.

Morris decided at noon that he was rather done in with all the fresh air.  He promptly took up a spot on the couch and decided it was nap time.


After dark we rounded up Axe and Dixie to take them hunting.  Dixie has never gone before so she was more or less 'job shadowing' Axe.

Axe did a great job.  It was fun to walk quietly through the fields and woods and listen to a hound dog bay.


One of the things I've never done before is try to take photos of a hound 'treeing'.  This didn't turn out so badly for shooting in the dark. 

We traveled about 2 miles by foot and there were a lot of elevation changes according to my Garmin.

Lastly, we rested by the creek before heading home.


Talk about a full day!
It was near midnight when we got home.

I can say the fresh air and hiking really gave both of us [and the hounds] a good night's sleep.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.