Thursday, November 04, 2010

Topaz Adjust, Detail, Simplify, & Clean





I start with a normal photo. Not too exciting is it?
Nope.
So I use PS Elements 5 with the following plug ins.
Topaz Adjust
Topaz Detail
Topaz Simplify
Topaz Clean
and
8bf.net Edge Art [free]

I opened this image in PSE 5 and applied Topaz Detail so that I could bring out the edges of the leaves just a bit more.
I didn't bother editing the colors as they would end up a bit wild anyway.

I copied the layer and then used the the Adjust filter preset Vibrance. I brought down the detail slider as I didn't want it too detailed. The colors started getting were I wanted them.

Next drop it into Simplify and edited it ... edges and colors were played with [each photo is a bit different as to how it reacts].

Experimenting with Clean, I found that the edges did pop when I the clean slider to 5 and pushed the Threshold and Radius to the left.
The edges slider was pushed to 4 and I moved the Radius and Sharpness until I felt I had what I liked.
The Texture and Boost sliders were pushed all the way to the left also.
I slid the Size slider all the way to the right at 6.

In the dog photo, I separated him from the original layer so that he would not appear like the background and a bit more like a real dog.

Next I used the plug in Edge Art being careful not to lose the colors but increase edge definition.
This I used on both edits.
Finished edit on the leaves:


When seen in full resolution, the effect wasn't at first impressive, so I cropped both photos down to where the edges really popped.

Original:
Edit:
These methods are not always fool proof and you won't get the exact same results each time.
But the exploration is fun as sometimes the result.

Happy Editing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.