Thursday, November 20, 2008

Oh My My

My November has been interesting so far.

Last night as I sat in the guard house somewhere around 10PM ... I began to notice that the chain on the green shaded lamp was jiggling.
It was the power from the Turbine...the Power Plant turbine.
My two way radio antenae vibrated...in fact the whole building was vibrating.
Hmmmm.

My supervisor explained to me that it was the 'monster' turbine that caused things to vibrate and pointed out that I wouldn't notice it so much during the daytime as so much was going on.

I felt the rumble throughout my body...
What power...Power Plant indeed.

The wind whipped up in gusts over 30 mph, dust obliterated the truck sitting in front of the guard house and an eerie whistle moaned through the windows.
I wondered for a few moments what it would be like to sit in the 'shack' during the middle of a viscious blizzard.
I imagine my chances of doing so are fairly good.

When the trains go by...the blow their horns. I was told I'd get sick of them, and I may, but they are a welcome distraction in the middle of the night.
By the way, the do go too fast for me to 'count' the cars'.





1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:28 AM

    Thank you!! I loved everything about this!! You look so official in your work garb. Not fetching but looks like you mean business. Got a real kick out of it and Talking Heads...oh my.

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.