Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Treasure Hunting



So I am not Crabby any more. I laughed when I told a co-worker that I was a crabby person the other night. He was down right shocked and said, 'But you are never crabby here! In fact you are the most pleasant person to work with!' I grinned and said, 'Yep, here I am paid to be pleasant!'
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So I've been 'treasure hunting' whenever possible. So what is this Treasure Hunting I'm doing?

That is what I call going out in the woods and exploring and finding plants and wild flowers and identifying them and photographing them.

This time around though, I am also taking notes as to when I found them and where I found them.
Along with the conditions, for example ... was it on a dry hillside? Damp earth? Shady?

My grand plan is to compile a photography book of my Treasures and use all my observations along with the photos.
This may help me remember where and when I found these local beauties.

Woodland Strawberry
Bellwort
False Rue-Anemone

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I've been toying around with the idea myself. You're getting FABULOUS shots and I can't wait to see what all you come up with! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.