Wednesday, September 02, 2026

And so this....

Take a good look at this mess. It may well be a memory by this weekend. 

I got a text from Patrick on Monday saying the Dumpster will be delivered on Wednesday. I was momentarily confused as he'd planned the work for much later. He had the time and is getting right with the program. 
Color me very very impressed.


The engine hoist stays, that is how I lift the mower and clean it out. It may be placed in a less conspicuous place.
September 2026


March 2026

Most of the 'stuff' that was piled around the garage has been cleaned up, but there is stuff in the weeds that I can't get to and don't want. Hopefully those small things will get cleaned up also. I am not allowing the scrappers back to search in this building, it is a hazard at this point.


June 2012




The deconstruction and this week's work will keep me from getting out to another Fungi search at least until Sunday. 

Stay tuned! I may set up my trail cam to take a time lapse of the de-construction.

---
My Grand daughter will be spending Saturday with me and she is not a forest person at all.

Looks like a busy week for me and no fun fungi marches!

However, I can add to what I did find last Sunday.

---

Below is a photo of the end of the bluff where the trail dead ends looking over the Kickapoo River.



Below are some very odd looking mushrooms!

Elfin Saddle or White Saddle and Scientific name:

Helvella Crispa


I almost passed these up because they had such bizarre shapes. I thought perhaps they had been stepped on and deformed. However, saw too many of them to be that.




These beauties below...well maybe not beautiful to
the casual observer...
Amanita Panther 
Poisonous!


I couldn't help but think of Ailie who is an action figure I have. She would chop one of these down and dry it. If you got on her bad side I imagine she'd slip some Amanita Powder in your drink. Be nice. 😋


 I didn't know what this might be until I got out my reference books.

The common name for this beauty is a Cauliflower Mushroom.
I think it could be called a Sparassis americana or spathulata. This is the first time I've found one and spent quite a bit checking it out.


I found so many of these growing, tiny little Boletes beginning to come up all over.


That is the end of my fungi/mushroom tour on the Wintergreen Trail. I can't wait for another trip out along the bluffs of the Kickapoo River.




Busy days ahead.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.