Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Winter Wonderland

Outside Monday:


The mules went to play in the fresh snow. Apparently snow baths are very refreshing.

As is snow sleeping:



We had inches of snow. Beautiful wet heavy snow.


During evening chores I did my usual while the mules were eating. As the temps dropped the top layer of their winter coats had some ice on it.


I pulled back the hair and dug in deep to the skin.
It was nice and fluffy and dry.
Sunshine ignored me as I did this. I check everyone each day as I owe it to these creatures who have taken me safely on rides for nearly 20 years.

The next morning the sun appeared over the trees and dropped into our hollow. The mules ate and sunbathed.


The roads were pretty awful as I made my way to town and to CrossFit. But I decided that I'd take a slow hike after I got back and explore the valley. Just a short walk of course!
The landscape had been turned into a Winter Wonderland.



My short walk became a longer walk as I took extra time to stop and enjoy the skies and the 'icing' on all of the branches above me.

The breeze would blow above us and snow would gently fall down on Charlie and I.
In the shot below you should be able to see the snow cascading down in the right side of the photo. It really added a bit of glitter to the outdoor scene!


I will be curious tomorrow after another subzero night as to how the creek will refreeze.
Yesterday was wet and sloppy. This morning anywhere the sun doesn't hit is iced!

Rich isn't feeling well again so I'll be spending most of my time indoors. I thought it would be fun to work on some Still Life shots of the little houses I created out of sticks and rocks.
I even spent some time watching some YouTube videos on how to make some more miniature plants. I have some more fun ideas to try.


1 comment:

  1. Your snow is way prettier than ours! We got about 3 inches...it covers up the dirty snow:)

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.