Wednesday, November 01, 2017

Working at it.

The weather today is supposed to be a wintery mix of weather. I really don't mind it at all.
Yesterday was cold and breezy. The sky was overcast.
Perfect for hiking into the valley.

I got out my camera backpack and shoved a Crazy, Happy, and Terrible into it. I wasn't exactly sure what I was going to do, but at least I had a purpose for hiking in the blah brown season.

I headed of course to the creek with the toys. Ideas began to roll around in my head.


The idea of doing a last book with Morris and his toys seems like a good idea to me. I don't find it morbid or sad, but something I can get involved in with my whole heart.
I'd been waiting for an idea to pop up in my head since the last adventure story called The Long Journey. A story about unwanted toys and how they came to live with Morris.

For this final book, Happy the Hedgehog will make a comeback. Morris's long search for his puppy-hood buddy will be resolved.
Of course Terrible Tiger and Crazy Squirrel play an integral part.

This idea helps me deal with the eventual loss of my best friend. I think that by doing this story now, I will have a lasting 'memorial' to my pal. What better way than to have a story right?


By the way, Morris is doing well still. He sleeps a LOT. However after doing his business this morning at 3 AM, he thought it should be zoomy time around the living room, complete with barking, growling, and tail wagging.

I had to hush him and then bribe him with a dog treat to be quiet.

Now I have to take him out and bribe him with treats so he can do some posing for me.
That will be a challenge!

2 comments:

  1. Sue S.7:43 PM

    An identical hedgehog was the favorite toy of both of my dogs. I don't know how many replacement hedgehogs we went through over the years but I still have one well-chewed toy to keep their memories fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes those hedgehogs are pretty popular but do take a beating! I think I went through two or three of these. Morris originally inherited a hedgehog from another elderly dog when he was a puppy.

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.