Thursday, November 23, 2017

Thankful stuff.

I know, it is pretty corny... every where I look on Social Media people are posting things they are Thankful for.
I wonder if sometimes we don't really lose focus of what Thanksgiving is really for.

Big Meals and Football?
That seems to be the thing. Turkey, dressing, lots of people, lots to eat, and so much chatter.
In years past we gathered at my mother in law's house. The family was not scattered as it is now. Family joined together.

In more recent years the celebration of Thanksgiving has become something else. After all, it is during The Big Hunt Season.

There is no family gathering. I mean, who wants to 'gather' at my house when you have to wear blaze orange to run around the yard?

[And that trophy buck may be walking through my woods???]

I'm not opposed to the hunting. I am opposed to many of the idiots who aren't careful while hunting.

I don't like turkey as a rule anyway. I mean I wouldn't object to cooking a turkey breast and having some stuffing and a salad, but not the monstrous turkey that so many have for Thanksgiving.

Okay.
This is the part where I'm supposed to be Thankful.

I am thankful that I am now home full time taking care of Rich and that I can be. I am thankful that we have great friends. I am thankful for my family who I miss.
Ugh.
This isn't going the right way.

I am thankful that the vet helped us with Morris and that I still have him with us being a nag. I am thankful that I could spend most of yesterday working on making the Christmas Chair again this year.
See?
I am no good at this.

Okay.
I am thankful that Siera is such a good mule that kids can ride her safely.
Hmm.
I am thankful that ... um.

Oh heck.
I think I should just quit while I am ahead.

There are all sorts of fine things that happened in the past year and I am just going to say ... life is not too bad.
And for that, I am thankful.

And...that's all folks!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.