Sunday, October 14, 2012

Photo Editing for fun

Sometimes I just can't help myself.  It may be a dreary day outside and I am stuck inside.  So my creative juices start flowing and I think of odd and different experiments to do with photos I have taken.

Here is an original shot:
So I took it into Photoshop 7.0 and used Topaz ReMask to cut out the stump...
I next added a layer of yellow leaves...
Now I have the original as the backround layer, the stump in its own layer that is cut out and I added the yellow leaves.
I tried varies things like changing the opacity of the yellow leaves just to see the effect.  Well, that didn't work well, so I decided to try something different.
I added the leaves in two layers.  Then used layer masks and the wonderful editing brush to leave in what I wanted and edit out what I didn't.  This effect allowed me to show both the summer season in the forest and the fall season.  It was a fun experiment.




1 comment:

  1. If I would only learn how to make better use of Photoshop Elements. I give you lots of credit for doing this.

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.