Thursday, March 05, 2009

Learn something new each day


I end up with some long hours at work that are ... well quite bluntly put, very quiet. I wouldn't say boring really. But I've gotten into a habit of listening to public radio.

I think that is good. I'm learning things and following our country's economic and political doings.


Well, these days it can almost be depressing. What I did NOT know is that our country has been through this before more than once.

I found that quite interesting.
In fact several times our country has been through 'panics' and 'depressions'. I found this interesting page from History Box The Panic Of... It makes for some head scratching reading.

Is this a cycle of good times and bad? I don't know what the future is going to bring.

~~~~~
New terms learned today.

Zombie Bank
Zombie Business

~~~~~
Old terms that make me go huh??

Toxic Assets

Why don't they just call them what they are?
Bad loans.

~~~~~~
Economic
Downturn
Recession?
or a new term that they were trying to give it
Pre-session, Cre-session [credit recession]


I know this. I do appreciate where I work and the fact that I am working. For this I am grateful.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.