Thursday, July 03, 2008

Tomorrow is Independence Day...

Independence day means a lot of things to many people. To me it is a way to celebrate my personal independence.
I have a hard time explaining it. I've worked many years to become and independent person. A person who can 'depend' on me.

Tomorrow I am doing a one woman, one mule, parade on the back dirt and gravel roads of Wisconsin. I am making the trek with my favorite mule, Badger. He will be decked out with a flag blanket and patriotic baubles.

I am doing it only for my own satisfaction and adventure.

I told my husband what this ride means to me [since I've been advised not to do the endurance ride scheduled for this very day...medical issues]. I am making the ride because I CAN. That is pure and simple.


I'm sure I'll stretch this adventure out and see what fun things I can come up with tomorrow. What perfect weather is predicted.

I AM Independent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.