Monday, May 05, 2008

Let's go biking



I can't tell you how many years it has been since I've been on a bike...oh what, yes I can! I believe the last time I rode a bicycle was in 1996.
When my son asked if I'd like to go with him on a training run I said sure! He pumped up the tires to his wife's bike and we packed it with gatorade and other essentials and off we went along the lakeshore of Kenosha.
I haven't been in the area in ages, and let me say Kenosha has really done a fine job with their Lakefront!

As we passed the new Civil War Museum, I thought about my brother in Virginia and how he'd enjoy the museum if he came to Wisconsin for a visit. The website boasts that it is unlike any other museum in the country.

I followed my son along the walking/biking trail from his home to Carthage College, a place I'd considered going to college when I was in high school.

We turned around at Carthage and headed back. Someone forgot to tell me about how cold it can be riding against the lake wind. It seeped down through the front of my sweatshirt and jacket. Thank goodness my son had lent me his running gloves.
Had I been by myself, I would have probably taken dozens of photos, but we were on a schedule and I am not co-ordinated enough to take shots with a camera and ride a bike at the same time.

[I'm sure someone is chuckling about that right now...]
The homes along the lakefront are impressive and beautiful. The spring flowers are coming up and blossoming, color exploded everywhere around us.

As if the bike ride was not enough exercise, when we got back to the house and my son showered...we took Teslin for a walk.

I'm beginning to miss home. But my spring visit has been quit fun and very much NOT like my Christmas visit at all ... where I ended up driving home in near blizzard conditions.

I'm heading home tomorrow after a visit with my sister. I feel like I've been gone for a long time and sort of miss home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.