Friday, September 13, 2024

September

Here it is nearly the middle of September. 

At least we've had a few beautiful sunrises this past week! Here is another one. The old pine tree is gone now giving me a clear view of the ancient oak on the fence line to the east.
 



This was this morning over the east meadow where the spider webs were. The Orb Weavers were not out anywhere this morning.



Here is a damaged maple up the mailbox when I went to collect our mail from yesterday.


I thought I'd find more bees in the morning on the Golden Rod, but I only found this solitary one. 
However, I did find quite a few when I went into the volunteer patch of odd pumpkins in the mule pasture.


Here is my latest haul from the volunteer patch.



I need to send a text to the moms of a couple of young kids up the road so I can let the kids come down and pick out a few to take home. The colored and odd pumpkins always go for a higher price when you go out to purchase them. 

I tossed old ones out in the pasture last fall and the mules ate some and must have stomped the seeds into the dirt. Viola! Volunteer pumpkins!

I've always loved the crazy bumpy/warty pumpkins and cool gourds. 
Hubby commented on how hard I worked on that patch.

Wink wink. 
You planted with care and then weeded and nurtured those plants!

Manure and mud. That's my secret recipe.


I'm still struggling with a few little digestive issues, but I think I am coming along. I fixed the fence, put the skid steer back on the battery maintainer, and started filling holes in the yard [from tree cutting].

Most afternoons, I still chill out with the weather being pretty warm. 

I ordered a minifig Doxxie to assist mini-me [aka sigfig] in all things fun. Isn't he adorable?



This way I can still have adventures!

Life is good.
I am on this side of the ground!


4 comments:

  1. What a pretty sky over the meadow. You sound a bit better. I hope you keep improving. Oh the minifig looks just like Charlie...it is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful sunrises! Glad you are on the mend. We have honeybees vying for the pollen in my late blooming sunflowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:33 PM

    Your sky photos are knocking my socks off. I am still having digestive issues too. Sick of it! Lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. The maple leaf at the top right is fab colour and patterns.

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.