Saturday, September 21, 2024

Princess Sara, the Dragon Quest

I'm thoroughly enjoying the process of following my toys and conjuring up a quest for Princess Sara. 

The greatest part is the absence of rules, allowing me to invent as I proceed. Do you recall the freedom of play as a child? We would take our toys and spontaneously craft stories without needing a structured plot.

I remember the trolls my sister and I cherished in our youth. We'd bring them outdoors, where they might be found constructing sandcastles one day or aboard my grandmother's boat the next, leaping from one escapade to another without a final destination.

The narratives didn't need to be logical; we were immersed in the play of the moment.

Adults always want a definitive beginning and a logical outline for a story. But the child's play is more inventive and creative with no bounds.

I find this holds true for Princess Sara's Quest. The Quest can veer in any direction, entwining countless subplots. I certainly didn't intend for it to be that way. But I follow where inspiration and imagination takes me without constraints.

The concept is to not dwell on the little details, but to relish the journey.


Below, the Rock Monsters have absconded with the Magical Dragon Egg and are concealing it.


Emerald, the Forest Dragon, confers with a clan member, stressing the imperative to retrieve the Dragon Egg at all costs. The egg is believed to contain a dragon destined to bring peace to their kind and ensure their survival. However, not all clan members are persuaded.


Emerald is aware of the Rock Monsters' formidable magic and their merciless leader. Rumors suggest that the Little People hold the key to vanquishing the Rock Monsters.

Yet, trust in the Little People is scarce among Dragons, who have been hunted by them for ages.

Despite this, Emerald is certain of the legend's authenticity and thus seeks counsel from the wise ancient Dragon sage, Sago. [LOL, think Yoda??]


Sago summons the Wise Old Frog.


Together they will find the Little People and speak to them.


And so the Quest goes....
why not?

10 comments:

  1. You could write a book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could, but it would be meandering and endless as I changed course. Lego also wouldn't allow the use of their product in a published book.
      I did write a series of little books for my grandkids with our dog Morris and his adventures with his stuffed dog toys. That was quite fun.

      Delete
  2. Who better that a frog to be the go between! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always! A magical mystical frog!

      Delete
  3. I do not QUESTion the quest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a delightful human being!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We only care for our littlest grandson now, we pick him up in the early afternoon at preschool. He can't wait to get here to create with our legos. I love to listen to his thoughts and plans and hear all about his creations. It is a wonderful skill and I love to hear about yours too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Kids imaginations are so wonderful and free thinking. As it should remain so the rest of their lives.

      Delete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.