This is the new header👇
It is the top of a rock that I took my friend Pat to Friday morning.
Here it the bottom of the rock....👇
In August and September the forest on each side sports amazing fungi. [Of course! I love mushrooms!]
Beware though. The trail is lined with Poison Ivy on both sides. The narrow trail is rough but well worth it.
I took Pat through and cautioned her not to put her hands down in the brush on either side of her until we got to a clear area.
Photo of Pat looking back at the trail that winds up to the top of the rock.
The first view as we emerge from the forest on top of the ridge.
A walk out to the edge.
Me taking the first photo and the new header for the blog.
For this hike I only used my cellphone camera, it was quick and easy. That is Charlie's rear end next to me.
Both hounds came with us of course.
My friend may be as crazy as I am. I invited her to do a pre sunrise hike to the Rock Top where we could sit and have some coffee and watch the valley come alive.
She nodded and said she wouldn't mind doing that.
About 4 years ago I convinced another hiking friend to do just that. It was the blue hour when we hiked to the top. It was his first and only time experiencing this amazing place.
He was speechless.
I will be going again soon. My last visit there for a breakfast granola bar and coffee was two years ago with Charlie.
We hiked up in the dark. We waited, listened, and watched the world awaken.
I cannot even describe immense emotional feeling of watching the sun rise and listening to the forest below wake up.
My heart slows, my eyes widen,
my breath is deep,
and my mind goes quiet and lives purely in the moment.
It feels magical and I don't want to leave.














Gorgeous view, but I’m faint-hearted when it comes to heights! 😂 RHill, TX
ReplyDeleteI have friends that will hike up there but sit back further way away from the edge. I don't blame them. I don't have that fear.
DeleteYou find the spots and make the effort, so you deserve your rewards.
ReplyDeleteThanks, finding 'spots' is my thing.
DeleteI wouldn’t want to leave either and your header says why this area is balm for the body and soul. Thanks for taking us along.
ReplyDeleteIt is an amazing place and there are others! I'm glad you stopped by!
DeleteI’d enjoy the walk, the mushrooms and the final experience of the rock. Not a bad start to the day!
ReplyDeleteOne of my favorite hiking places!
DeleteWOW, what a magical experience! Except for the poison ivy, of course.
ReplyDeleteSo far, no one that has gone with me has experienced getting poison ivy, thank goodness.
DeleteI had a hard time with some of the photos. I was feeling the sensation of vertigo. Really. How lucky you are that not only do you have this wonderful place but that you can enjoy it without the feeling of falling off.
ReplyDeleteI rarely have any vertigo unless I am gardening and stand up quick. But I've been a climber for ever. Just don't ask me to climb a ladder.
DeleteDoes that even make sense?
Great way to start the day! Surrounded by natures wonder. Your last photo is so wonderfully moody.
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed the morning we went up there! It was pretty neat then also!
DeleteThat looks a bit spooky for me. You are NOT faint hearted! I admire you.
ReplyDeleteMy kids were camping, surrounded by poison ivy. It was quite something.
Sometimes maybe I am too brave? I am also very careful and well away of things that can happen.
DeleteI first saw this spot on the back of a mule over 30 years ago when Rich took me there. I've been back as often as I can since then.
It has special meaning to me.
You do share magic! What an amazing place! And the scale of the fungi next to your finger. Magical.
ReplyDeleteYes, the mushrooms/fungi were just emerging and such bright colors. I used my finger so you could tell how small it was!
DeleteThanks!
Your new header is cool, but I stared for awhile; it looks like a shot only a drone could capture. Stay safe! Linda in Kansas
ReplyDeleteIt does sort of look like a drone photo, but I've always been enchanted by laying down and staring below. The height and view are worth the work to get their.
DeleteThank you.
There is something eternal about sitting quietly and watching/ listening to the world wake up.
ReplyDeleteI can do natures heights, but not tall buildings or elevators.