This is the new header👇
It is the top of a rock that I took my friend Pat to Friday morning.
Here it the bottom of the rock....👇
In August and September the forest on each side sports amazing fungi. [Of course! I love mushrooms!]
Beware though. The trail is lined with Poison Ivy on both sides. The narrow trail is rough but well worth it.
I took Pat through and cautioned her not to put her hands down in the brush on either side of her until we got to a clear area.
Photo of Pat looking back at the trail that winds up to the top of the rock.
The first view as we emerge from the forest on top of the ridge.
A walk out to the edge.
Me taking the first photo and the new header for the blog.
For this hike I only used my cellphone camera, it was quick and easy. That is Charlie's rear end next to me.
Both hounds came with us of course.
My friend may be as crazy as I am. I invited her to do a pre sunrise hike to the Rock Top where we could sit and have some coffee and watch the valley come alive.
She nodded and said she wouldn't mind doing that.
About 4 years ago I convinced another hiking friend to do just that. It was the blue hour when we hiked to the top. It was his first and only time experiencing this amazing place.
He was speechless.
I will be going again soon. My last visit there for a breakfast granola bar and coffee was two years ago with Charlie.
We hiked up in the dark. We waited, listened, and watched the world awaken.
I cannot even describe immense emotional feeling of watching the sun rise and listening to the forest below wake up.
My heart slows, my eyes widen,
my breath is deep,
and my mind goes quiet and lives purely in the moment.
It feels magical and I don't want to leave.














No comments:
Post a Comment
Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.