Friday, March 29, 2024

What's up in Lego Land...


I did take some advantage of the snow before it melted. I was able to grab a shot in the woods of Princess Sara and Joan of Knight going on their Quest!

I think it is hilarious that Princess Sara carries her stick horse AND rides a beautiful white steed. Joan of Knight has a Lego Friends horse. I prefer just to think of Knight's horse as a draft. 

I am planning more of their Quest, but the weather has not cooperated much. I want to take Sara and Joan through the woods to find some really cool places for them to Quest at....
[Quest is NOT a verb, but I used it that way anyway]
I'm sure as I wander the forest aimlessly, their Quest will present itself to us.



This was shot with my Olympus E-M5 Mark III. Nothing special was done other than change the colors to a more 'blue' from the original.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Does anyone remember Frank the hapless Star Wars Storm Trooper? He is always trying  to impress his Snow Troopers.

He found a snowmobile and I think he was trying to show off to his troopers again. It never ends well. Will Frank ever learn?

It seems that one of the troopers was filming the whole thing!







Frank walks away as if nothing unusual happened.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I prefer, when I am able, to shoot outside if I can. 

When reading about 'doing Toy Photography' I absorb different articles regarding planning. Some folks draw out their plan. 
I'm a 'wing it' person especially when outside.
[But I may have figured out some cool-er things to do!]

I hiked by one of my favorite rocks and saw an opportunity to place a Huntress [shall we call her Hannah?] in a cozy spot on a rock outcrop.



I took the photo which was in complete and dark shade. So I used a flexible piece of white material to bounce light back onto her. This scene doesn't look like it, but I was standing in snow and the wind was blowing hard.

I added a brush to create the effect of the fire glowing.

Here is Hannah after she found a new campsite. She was told by a frog to camp in the woods until she met a Princess. She was joined by her pet rabbit, George.


What of Princess Sara and her faithful protector?

It looks like they are still wandering in the forest.


~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wonder if these characters will come across the Brothers Odd. When we last saw them, I think they were trying to figure out how to stay warm all winter. 🤔


I guess anything could happen if a Frog sends you on a Quest.







5 comments:

  1. Indeed. Anything can happen! You took some good photos. I don't think Frank will ever learn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:11 PM

    Oh I like how the snow reflects on the backlit horses!! Looking forward to more on this duo’s travels. Maybe the stick pony is a back-up ;)

    Great idea to use reflective material to bounce light outside. Outdoor light manipulation is so useful for stationary photography. I rarely use any, but I should. It’s pretty cool & effective. Well done! Aurora

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm kind of crazy about using backlighting, I was always told not to shoot into the light. Bouncing light is fun too but I rarely remember to do it. Now I have a little thing I can carry to do it.
      LOL on the stick pony! Last year this was her steed! But she must have gotten comfy with a real horse!
      :)

      Delete
  3. Great action shots of the snowmobile mishap! Possibly Frank hit his head one time too many! Keep having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice stories... I join the huntress Hannah.
    A hug for you.

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.