Monday, September 28, 2015

Fun with Infared





Getting a Hoya IR72 filter was something I considered for quite a while.  I was pretty sure though that I wouldn't be able to figure out the processing part of it.

With many hours of experimentation, I am getting some fun results.


Some are quite stunning and of course others are quite the flop.  The flops go into the digital trash bin and I learn from the mistakes.






I forgot one day and shot in .jpeg, but still was able to get some interesting results.


For the above shot I had to rely on Topaz Adjust tones to help out.


This shot was red and I thought I would not be able to save it in any way.
I did shoot in RAW so was able to work with colors and tones.

Finally, something I could live with. It is still somewhat a 'flop' as it has a slight white area in the middle of the shot.
I think that may have been some reflection on the lens.
With some deft dodging and burning I could have it cleaned up in no time.


My newest thing is to try a long exposure with water.  This was a bit trickier because the leaves are turning colors and it makes for a very different result.

However, I like it as an 'almost black and white' shot.  The greens are white and the other colors are varies shades of the selenium tone I chose.



Happy Shooting!  Fall is here.  It is one of the happiest times of the year for me and my cameras.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.