Friday, May 09, 2014

Going Morel Hunting?



The first time my husband asked me to go hunt Morel Mushrooms, I had no idea what he was talking about.

Hunt wild mushrooms?
Little brainy looking things?


Ick.
Double ick, as I'd heard the picking mushrooms can be quite dangerous to your health.

18 years later, he doesn't have to ask any more.



Because I am out looking for them while hiking for wildflower photos.



I've also learned that you don't want the false Morels.

False Morel:



There are helpful articles on being able to tell the difference between the two.
The photos above are grey morels, usually they are not the giant ones that are found later on in the season after things really start to heat up.

Those ones are of a browner color and can get to quite a size.
I've posted this photo before on some other blog, but this happened to be the only thing I had to give the viewer an idea of the size of the morel I found.



Thank goodness you don't have to shoot them!

I know that I am looking forward to looking for morels very soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.