Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Being a Grandma




Some days are absolutely worth getting up for early.  I rose at 4am [yeah crazy huh?] ... and got Ariel up at 5am.
We hopped in the Subaru and headed to the ridgetop where I parked on the side of the road.

I wanted to share with her the wonderful pre-dawn hush of the world before the sun awakened the day.

I'd told her that she could come with in her PJ's and we'd enjoy the early calls of the pheasant and robins as light came to the ridge.

I'm pretty sure by the look on her face that this was a very cool experience for her.




Because I didn't want this moment to be forgotten, I set up the camera on a tripod and used the flash and remote to take a 'sunrise' selfie of us.

Surely, this will not be one photo tossed soon.  

~~~~

We discovered by a small rash, that Dennis had gotten into poison ivy the day before.
We found it rather quickly...or should I say his mom did.

Treated it right away with some hydrocortisone cream and then Jewel Weed soap and a gauze wrap for the night.



Imagine my surprise when the kids pitched in on their own to help do the chores yesterday morning.
I was pleased as punch.



I do think that letting them chose to do it and letting them figure things out on their own was a good thing.
They were very proud of the fact that they did this on their own.
They engaged in pretty tough work and I must say, I was impressed.

I'm thinking that this is what great fun it is to be a grandma.  Not only to infants, but to kids and to watch them grow and do good things.

Of course I've been a 'grandma' now for 10 yrs and it has been fun.  But never quite have I had a weekend like this.




I'm sure looking forward to a whole week of 'Grandma & Grandpa Camp'.

I'm pretty sure we are going to avoid Poison Ivy and Sunburn!
Well, do our best anyway!

If anyone told you it was not fun growing older and becoming a Grandma, they have NO clue.

1 comment:

  1. They are very lucky to have you. It sure looks like you'll have a great week. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.