Wednesday, August 01, 2012

A bit of Abstract

With the weather being so difficult and awfully hot, this summer I've been playing around with abstract art that can be 'made' by computer graphic programs.

I keep going back and forth between 3 wonderful free programs.

I've been experimenting with colors and black and white also.  Sometimes I go all out for the wild colors and sometimes I go for the subdued black and white.
Sometimes I mix Apophysis 7X and Incendia EX 
This colorful abstract was made with an image from Incendia EX and a flame rendered from Apophysis 7X.
I used a .png format for the flame and made more than one layer.  I used Flaming Pear's plug in called Flood to get a watery reflective look for both the flame and the Incendia figure.
The Incendia EX creations I also save in .png format.  That gives me a transparent area to work with.
For this image I used the 'Stars and Hedras' fractal and decided that I just wanted a 'simple' sphere.  I was able to match the colors to an Apophysis 7X flame.
Here is a closer view of the layers I used.


 I really loved how simple this graphic piece turned out.  I messed with it, adding more layers and trying out different twists and turns, but in the end, decided that simple was prettier.

Then in a black and white and something shiny mood, I created this in Mandelbulb 3d and added some simple spheres in layers.

I really enjoyed the metallic look I got from this.  
I think it is fun to just enjoy and create.
After all, if you don't get something you like, you can always delete it.


1 comment:

  1. I wondered how you make the water effect, but you explain it on your post. Thanks for your creativity!!

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.