Saturday, September 04, 2010

The Last Day of August




The last day of August.

As I finished off doing my nightly chores, I glanced up towards the sky. A golden yellow light brightened the poplars on the east side of the driveway.
In our valley it was already darkening.

I tossed my camera [gently] and jumped in my car. I knew the perfect spot for 'shooting' a wide open sunset sky.

I arrived there within a few moments. It was a pull in that my ridge top neighbors use for sorting their cattle.
I decided to pull out my camera and debated as to whether or not I could make it down the Black Bottom Creek and pull off some 'golden water' shots.

I decided to try that at another time, for Mother Nature was 'puttin' on the glitz and was she ever giving me a private showing!
Golden....
The colors began to change...deepen darken, hues of purples and reds...
...and finally the last breath of an August night as the calendar would turn the page as we slept.


I'd spent the day hiking in the valley admiring Mother Nature's last flash flooding and the redecorating that she had done.
Quite beautiful.



Morris had accompanied me and we found coyote tracks which made this little fella stick close by...

3 comments:

  1. You don't know how many times I have run back to the house for the camera, and by the time I get back to the perfect spot .. the sky is totally different! I applaud your timing and quick thinking. Wonderful sequence of sunset shots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:33 PM

    well done and well said!! Way t go val!!
    love Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous sequence of sky shots! During the past few mornings it has changed a lot here... more color and drama. I always have my camera with me for moments like these.

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.