Wednesday, October 21, 2009

More on Morris...



Some may find this a little ridiculous the fact that I am giving daily updates right now on Morris, but if you think that~~go ahead and skip this post.

I'm doing this for those who have personally emailed me and posted on my blog site. Morris has a huge following on Flickr as the adventuresome Jack Russell, so those folks are also linking to my blog and reading...and asking about him!

I think that is SO awesome!

For three days Morris was almost unable to walk.
Yesterday he got his first shot of Rocephin at the Vet's office.

...so we have been letting him sleep on the floor downstairs on one of my old sweatshirts.

I awoke to the sounds of a whimper around 2AM. Morris had climbed the stairs [14 in all...a great feat!] to ask to go outside.

After I let him in he struggled to come up the first two stairs so I carried him up. He slept on the end of the bed [I put him there~he usually jumps with no effort] until early morning.

Let me say that this is a great improvement over the past few days.

He drank a bit of water and ate part of a dog biscuit.

Dr. Piper said that he felt we caught this early enough ~~ even though the symptoms appeared to be rather severe and all at once.
Loss of apetite
Lethargy
Symptoms of arthritis
Yelping from pain for no seeming reason
[Lyme's disease makes the joints hurt like heck]

He feels that with the strong antibiotics and the 21 day regime of doxycycline, he will be cured and should 'hopefully' suffer no more ill effects.

The next 2 days are critical of course and we are hoping for the old Morris to come back and annoy the heck out of my husband.
[who by the way has been sitting on the floor, petting and talking to Morris, giving him words of encouragement and telling him how good a fella he is...I think hubby likes Morris more than he lets on]
;-)

At this point my biggest concern is dehydration, as Morris is barely taking much interest in water.

[and no, my flash did not make his eyes close...that was how he was sitting]

We are to report progress on Thursday morning.
I'll keep you posted~and thank you for all your wonderful thoughts and words....

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update. I don't think it's silly at all. To me, they are somewhat like children, and it rips at my heart when they aren't feeling well or are in pain. He clearly isn't a happy puppy, but so very glad to hear that he's doing better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mj~my kids are grown up and I am a bit silly about my animals. My husband says my heart is animal oriented and that I love my animals with all of it..!

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.