Thursday, September 20, 2007

Skool



Whew getting into these two classes CPT coding and Intermediate ICD-9 coding is getting tough. Both classes require a lot of reading of medical dictionaries, medical cases, and figuring out what a doctor may scribble down or dictate. The difference in instructors is interesting to note. One instructor just slides by with little or no interaction with the class.
Our ICD-9 instructor is a hand's on gal. She is there, questioning, guiding, and teaching. It doesn't matter where she is, she is wired to her laptop and phone --she has them turned off while she is in meetings and at a convention for coders...but every day she is available!
This is probably my biggest work load yet at school and it is really wearing me down with all the storm clean up still looming overhead, along with job interviews!

Yesterday I found 45 minutes to myself and took a walk. I think I need more of that to keep the cobwebs from getting too thick upstairs.

Okay, nothing really interesting. But I did happen upon a very nice trophy buck late yesterday. I know this fellow and see where he beds down and where he likes to walk. My goal is to catch him with film or digital.

The leaves are changing rapidly now and I get this feeling each fall of time slipping away on me. Does anyone else ever feel like that?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.