Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Predawn moment


The hush before dawn
Originally uploaded by Xena~
There is this fantastic moment just before the sun actually comes over the horizon. It is a magical time that I've been trying to get out and watch as many mornings as possible.

I take my camera, my dog, Morris, and we walk to the ridge top. Not far, perhaps half a mile. There we can sit in the middle of the road. Morris can smell interesting smells and do his male dog thing of 'watering plants'.
I can sit and sip coffee and ponder the humor of sitting in the middle of the road ... literally with no fear of traffic. I watch the sky turn from an ugly grey and begin to brighten into wonderful colors.
And I think how lucky I must be. I don't think about school, about work, or about the world's problems.

I just sit and enjoy the wonderful show that Mother Nature is handing out...
and I have 'front row seats'.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:47 AM

    Very poetic, Val, and a good reason to call you "friend". You have a deep appreciation for life and your world. Grace.

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.