Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Resolutions?


Currently Unavailable
Originally uploaded by Xena~.
Today is the 2nd and while at work today I was asked over and over--'What are your New Year's Resolutions?'
Do people really make them? I think resolutions are dumb, I used to believe in them back in the 60's--
Like: I'm going to grow taller this year [yeah, I'm a short person]
Like: I'm going to get pretty [okay so I didn't know if I was or not...or I thought I should look like some sort of model haha]
My resolutions of many years ago never happened. I found out only one thing I can tell people is this:
Believe in yourself. Use self discipline. Never stop learning. But I try and live each day this way and not just repeat it for folks as a 'resolution'.

I do know that I'm going to achieve a goal that I was unable to complete last year. And that is ride a 50 mile endurance race with Badger. I don't doubt that I'll be able to.

Now here is a wish I had upon the first star I saw tonight.
Star light
Star bright
I wish I may
I wish I might
Have this wish
I wish tonight...

And that is?
To see more of my Grandchildren. That is the one thing in my life I cannot control, that I can only wish for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.