Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Black and White Sunset


Black and White Sunset
Originally uploaded by Xena~.
Gloomy yucky day, overcast and ugly. The snow was not fresh and the farmers had spread manure on the field staining the white snow.
Yet is was a wonderful day as I rode Badger bareback solo up along the ridge roads. I can't lift a saddle yet and when he did a startled 180° I nearly fainted from the pain in my shoulder ... but I just quietly hugged my mule by laying on him until it passed--swearing not to tell a soul.
I came home feeling like a million bucks mentally, the ride felt so good and so right.
No matter what I cannot give it up!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that you're getting to ride and I'm sorry that you had to have some pain during it. :( But, like you said, you now feel like a million bucks so I guess it was worth it. :)

    I have been cleaning my house for most of the day and then I just spent the last three hours outside raking. Now my palms are burning like fire. :( It was still good though. I enjoyed the smell of the leaves, actually doing physical work, AND how my front yard looks now. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.