Sunday, September 08, 2013

Sunday's Stuff

I'm very lucky to have good neighbors.  This year it was so wet that I didn't plant a garden.
But a phone call on Thursday invited me to a neighbor's house to 'help' myself to their small garden.

After picking the veggies I sat at their picnic table and petted their dog Dutch. 
He was very happy for the company and groaned in happiness.
The veggies looked gorgeous in my old pan I got somewhere.  All I know is this is the handiest thing I've run across in ages.
My Grandma had one that we picked veggies in and washed them...and cooked them all in the same pan!

 
 


Oh what a delight!  
Last night I made some zucchini mix up.  Tomatoes, zucchini, and green peppers stir fried in pesto sauce with Parmesian Cheese for topping.
Yum.
And cheap too!

Morris went for a wee walk with me.  He decided it was way too hot and humid.  He thought napping in his own personal chair with the blanket my mom made him would be much more to his liking.


About 7pm we had supper and we began to hear 'boomers' outside.  The hounds were baying and I went out to see what the fuss was about.

A storm cell was developing right over our place!



I'd planned on catching Siera and riding her but since storms were suddenly popping up everywhere, she got the night off.

It was pretty disappointing not to have any real rain out of the storms.  

But the sunset was pretty and things cooled down quite a bit.


It was nice enough for us to be busy today with putting in more wooden posts and separating Sunshine, Sundance, and Mica from the rest of the herd so they can have their hooves trimmed tomorrow morning along with their haircuts.



Sundance spent some time at a 'thinking tree'.  She was very relaxed and calm.  Aside from some pawing [yes I watched her!] she impressed me with her attitude.

She is going to make a fantastic mule for hubby.  She is smart and clever...oh yes, she is quick as ever too.


 
I think I am caught up.


Oh and Happy Grandparent's Day to all Grandparents! 

For Dancing Donkeys:


Head shot!

 

1 comment:

  1. That's a great shot, I love it! Thanks for sharing it.

    That mixup sounds good too. I need to go raid a garden, mine was nearly a complete loss this year as well from all the rain. Maybe better next year.

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.