Friday, September 20, 2013

Not Quite Ready for Fall

But it seems like it is going to come anyway.

Temps later this week are going to drop.  That is a bit different from yesterday's temps of 86 degrees and endless rounds of thunderstorms.

Morris and I did manage to get out and take a couple of short hikes.
Imagine my surprise when we found Indian Pipes!

Very cool plant and very elusive unless you know where to find them.

The multi flora roses are producing seeds in the form of Rose Hips.  Pretty to look at...but the birds eat them and spread this invasive species throughout the woodland.

Their thorns have the ability to rip anything...I think!

Morris enjoyed playing King of the Forest.

You can see in this photo that the undergrowth is fading and leaves are dropping from trees.
Sometimes I don't want Fall to come along.  Sometimes I feel like I need MORE summer time.
But I understand that we have the changes of seasons and that generally I enjoy the fall just as I do any other season.

Just as I enjoy the snows and winter.

But in my heart ... as it is every year, I'm not quite ready for the cooler season.

Once it is here though, I seem to embrace it with gusto each year.


1 comment:

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.