Monday, March 30, 2009

Treasure hunting



Today I felt well enough to get out of the house...

The first and very mundane thing I did was go to town and get groceries.
Boring.

Morris and I ended up heading for the woods in the early afternoon ... leaving hubby resting comfortably -- with my cell phone tucked into my breast pocket.
[Yes, he knows how to use it.
He called me when I was in town to ask me to pick something up for him.

I had the hardest time figuring out what the heck was making such a strange noise in my car. Good thing I was in the parking lot.
As you can tell I don't 'get' calls often.]

I strolled more than hiked. This marked the first day in nearly a week that I've felt like doing anything more than really just sleeping. This cold is a nasty one. It takes the energy out of you and makes even the easiest of tasks seem difficult.

So I take this as a sign of healing.
The forest didn't offer much in the way of interesting things. Unless you like abandoned old vehicles and skulls.

The sun was warm and the ground was muddy in some areas. I was pleased to be out breathing fresh air.

Morris was extremely happy to be running around sniffing and looking for things to make me holler
ICKY!!!

All is quiet now.
I'm not hollering 'ICKY' or 'DROP IT'. Morris is sound asleep on the couch. Hubby is sound asleep upstairs~~~
and I am heading for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.