Friday, March 13, 2009

The calling of the hills~~



The hills call me.

Yes they really do.

I am addicted to walking in the wooded hillsides that surround us. It started soon after I moved here in 1996.

If I don't get out into the woods and explore at least every other day~I get cranky.

The land holds treasures that change each day. They can change in the same spot.
I'm not kidding.

One day a rush of water,
the next...
frozen formations...

One hike takes you on slippery icy surfaces, the next day you walk on softened snow.



Climb a ravine and you will see something that will not be there the next time you climb through it...I can guarantee you that much.

Each time I go, of course I am drawn to the creek. There is one in the first valley and one in the second.
I yearn to get back to the 'back' valley and see the little water falls and ice formations before they disappear.

I've been doing this for nearly 13 years now and I am always surprised or intrigued by how the land ever changes.

Is it a spiritual thing? I don't know.
I just know the hills call to me...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.