Friday, August 23, 2019

Little things...

Looking for nothing ...

but seeing everything...

that is how I wander the woodlands.


Well I did get off and walk the one little trail down to the creek and back. I've been so wrapped up for months now taking Rich to all of his appointments that it seems I rarely have an opportunity to catch a bit of air for myself.
I took Charlie on a quiet 'meander' to the creek and back up to the house.

It took a long time as I was walking along just studying the light and the plants along the forest floor.

~~~~~~~~

Note this was the day before surgery while I was waiting for the 'Tree Man' and calming my nerves about the upcoming knee surgery for Rich.

His surgery should be easy and routine, but nothing may always be easy and routine when your medical history is very complicated.


I took only my little macro lens along and decided to try some different things.



The above photos were taken with the sun shining on the fleabane and the shadows behind them.

It is a fun experiment and not very technically hard but it does take quite a bit of walking and observing to find the right subject.

I think I'll do some more of this around the yard while keeping close during the first couple of days of recovery.



Tiny acorns! These were so small that I didn't notice them at first until I squatted down to look at the fleabane nearby to see if any crab spiders were on them.

The acorns are the size of my pinky fingernail!

With fences checked, I let the mules out back and then proceeded to check the zinnias near the porch.


I knew I could find bees but was surprised by the variety of insects I was able to find.

I did find a crab spider ... eating a bee!


And just a normal 'bug' shot.


A bee on my yellow cosmos. Quite boring after all the other bug drama!

In the mornings and evenings I watch the hummers, bees, and gold finches feed on my porch flowers. I can sit in the morning and have coffee and enjoy the show too.

The surgery went well.
We were home by noon and I think his pain is less now.
We were both exhausted by the long day.

Onward....
and here is
to
little
things.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:51 PM

    So glad the surgery is over and has reduced the pain for Rich. I like the macro shots with the bugs. I managed to get a picture of a hummer with it's tongue out. Amazing how long their tongue is. I hope you can get out for many peaceful breaks by the creek.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are home and the surgery is done, sure hope the recovery goes okaY. Yor photos are lovely, I have not had my macro lens out for a long time...maybe one day soon...you know how it goes who knows anything day to day:)

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.