Sunday, November 10, 2013

Long Exposure vs Auto Mode




Top photo taken at 1/40th of a second in Program Auto Mode.
Auto defaulted to ISO 200 with and f stop of 5.6.

Bottom photo taken at 4" in Manual.
ISO 200 with an f stop of 32.


What was the point of showing you this?
Well look at the difference in the water reflections.

The water is nice and glassy smooth showing the tree above and reflections of the hillside above it too.

Last night I experimented with a long exposure during a windswept sunset.

The clouds were blowing by as the sun set and I thought it would be fun to take a few shots with a 4" exposure.  I did have to add an ND filter.

 You can see the trees moving via a 27 mph wind gust.

Then there is always the fall back to just trying to get a good sunset shot.


I will whole heartedly admit it.  I quickly popped my Oly into 'Sunset mode' and took this.  No fiddling around.
My hands were frozen and unworkable by that time.

Cameras will work well for you in whatever mode you feel comfortable in.

I just like to experiment.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.