Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Annual Memorial Day Mule Ride

This year I am honoring the greatest mule ever by renaming my Memorial Day Parade Ride in Folsom, WI to ...
The Memorial Day Badger Ride.
Can I do that?
No, I don't think I should.

Memorial Day is a day set aside
on which those who died in active military service are remembered.

So no, really I cannot dishonor those in the military service by doing that.

So.
It will still be the One Mule Memorial Day Parade, but this year I will honor Badger in my heart as the mule who safely carried me on so many other parades...
and not just 'one mule' parades either.

This year the honor will fall to Opal the cranky mule.  Well, she isn't really cranky.  She is our people 'challenged' mule.  But she is rock solid and steady off the farm and on the backroads.

Siera secretly told me that she wanted to try it again.  But she and I need a bit more traffic practice.  She believes that only a good bay mule should do the honors of wearing the American Flag Saddle Blanket.

Well, there is the 4th of July, isn't there?
 

We started that parade in 2008.  The year before Badger got ill.

Somehow, I think Opal will pull it off...she looks good in those colors too!

 

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pictures, lovely to remember an old friend, Badger was special.

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.