Monday, July 03, 2006

In Limbo


Right now I sit in Limbo. I've applied for two jobs at the local hospital/health clinic. I'm also taking an entrance exam for college this coming week. Some very interesting things happened the day before surgery at my current job.
Getting 'shouted' at by my friend/boss because I asked for my paycheck really, really pissed me off so much so that I considered never ever returning no matter what the circumstances. I'd put in the extra time at work to bill all that I could and do the end of the month billings in case that I was not released by my surgeon to return to work.

Well this time I have not been released back to work. Today I am calling in to get my second week off. I will not stay at the office any longer than I have to. He [boss] has lied about my Social Security -- two years are missing from my statement and the SS office says they are having trouble with posting it even with my W-2's.
In 2000, I went to another insurance b/c boss couldn't afford to pay the $ [part of my benefit package when hired].
So we made a deal...he'd put $40-50 months aside in an account per month to help defray the cost of my poorer insurance I have through the VA.

I come to find out that this too was a lie. There was no account set up, there was no $ set aside. Of course if you have followed my saga--you know I have 9 months worth of visits to doctors, two surgeries, three MRI's and countless other expenses.

The day before surgery...boss and his missus thought I should be part of the re-decorating of the office and be in charge of getting a new computer and computer program...along with 'inputting' all the transfer of information for the office. Okay, I am the office manager. But I've been lied to, I've been promised a raise...none came and none will b/c his business is poor.

I work only for groceries and doctor's bills right now. I am sick and tired of being crapped on I guess.
Their concern???? How fast can you get back in the office???

So I am biding my time, applying around, getting ready for college...and to hell with being tromped on any more....

When sick and tired --- change your situation. That is what I meant by beginings and endings.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! I don't know what to say. He definitely owes you an apology. How is your shoulder?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shoulder is doing better but I have some weakness from the swelling hitting a nerve???? It causes some pain also.
    Blog it later!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good grief, he sounds like a real jerk. Of course, he always HAS, but now even more so. I'm sorry that you're having to deal with this on top of everything else, Val. :(

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.