Monday, August 12, 2024

Monday Monday Stuff



Above are the morning views I get when I go out at dawn to check on things. This Monday morning, it was cold. Well sort of cold. I put on a jacket over my sweats while walking over to the Meadow.

This is Wisconsin on a typical old fashioned morning. Heavy dew, cool mornings, and warm afternoons in August.

I spent Sunday taking down fencing and old rotten wooden posts in an area where the Tree Cutting Dudes will be making brush piles some time later this month. I like to do things ahead of time. 

I also got my bicycle back from the shop! I was so tickled to have it tuned up. The new chain is sparkly clean and rust free as well as the new cable they put in. It sports a nifty little bike rack in back so I'm now on the hunt for a 'trunk'. 

I told hubby yesterday that Bliss will live in the house now. He was like *who the heck is Bliss?* 


I showed him the name on the bike when I parked it just inside the back door. He rolled his eyes and said he thought the shed was just fine for a bicycle. 

I gave him the price of repairing rusted through gears and cables and then he conceded that perhaps it would be prudent to let Bliss in the house. 

After all, she doesn't need potty training nor does she eat much. My son gave me a helpful hint for winter storage in our tiny basement. Hooks from the beams! Thanks!

Last year, I was all about getting a kayak as I'd discovered how fun it was. I had a reality check in the cost of getting one, getting a way to carry it, and then .... well, how often would I get a chance to go kayaking for hours? In reality? Those chances are pretty nil considering I have to get someone for back up at home each time. 

So I decided to stick with my bicycle for an alternative sport to hiking. I used to bike with a buddy of mine, but he has since abandoned his bike as no matter how many times he repaired it, it still was giving him fits. 

It makes sense. I've had the bike, I enjoy it. So I need to use it. It is also a handy way to get from point A to B with camera gear. 

And in an unrelated matter. Remember the 3D printed dragons I picked up? I had to paint eyes on them. They won't do for extreme close ups, but I do like them. They are fun.


...and as I was messing around with the one above this morning, I finally realized what Princess Sara's Unknown Quest was all about....

I'm sure it must be dragons? Right?


I mean...wow, I haven't been updated on Princess Sara's Quest since well...since this spring!

Last I saw her and and Joan of Knight, they were attempting to cross the Swamp of Sorrow [a nod to The Never Ending Story].

I really need to see if they are okay and where they are in their quest.

Enjoy your Monday. 




12 comments:

  1. I like the dragons! Bliss deserves a place in the house, husband suddenly became pragmatic. 😉 As did you concerning a kayak. I have never been in one, but then I am not comfortable on the water.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am quick to realize at this moment, that my time for fun things is limited so I just have to arrange activities around that.
      Plus it is cheaper to go with things I already own.

      Delete
  2. I like to cycle, but I am having an issue with my leg this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure hope your leg issue heals up. I know how difficult having a bum leg can be.

      Delete
  3. Those dragons are so cool! I can't wait to see the rest of the story. I love that your bike is named Bliss - how perfect. And I agree, with the cost of maintenance she needs to stay indoors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Bliss is printed on the bike and it was one of the 'cheaper' bikes they had a few years ago. I don't need a $3K mountain bike, but I do like to keep it working. I'm itching to get all the yard work done so I can sneak out on the bike!

      Yes! Dragons, Princesses, Quests, and Frogs? What could happen???

      Delete
  4. Anonymous8:28 PM

    Your photos at dawn are so gorgeous. The color is getting better and better as the days cool down. Nice bike! You'll have to get a basket for Charlie. Lori

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think eventually I'd have to have a mini trailer for Charlie, he wouldn't fit in a basket!

      Delete
  5. First of all, congratulations on the bike, my bike is like a good friend, I use it very often in summer and the warm season. It's wonderfully free to ride around like a bird :-))) I recommend two individual waterproof bike bags for your luggage in the back. I always have a bag on my bike. And I also have a holder on the frame for a water bottle just like you.
    Have fun... it's wonderful :-)))
    Your dragon in the "Swamp of Sorrow" is a hero. Michael Ende's Neverending Story... wonderful.
    Have a happy week to you and a hug from me.
    Viola

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just got a bag with a neon green water proof cover. I want to make sure I am comfy using it first before I get into anything more serious. I'll take a shot of it when I get out and about with it this week.

      I too still love the Never Ending Story!
      Thank you for stopping by! Enjoy your flowers!

      Delete
  6. Bikes are so versatile and can be ridden most of the year. Love that your bike has a name. Tune-ups put my mind at ease. Not a guarantee, but it sure helps keep them rolling for years.

    You will have fun with those colorful Imagine Dragons!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Yes! An e-assisted pedaling bike is also a great choice, I really will consider one in the future.
      I am hoping to be able NOT to chicken out when the weather gets cold. I know I can pedal to keep my butt warm!

      I even am looking at some cold weather biking jackets. Don't know if I am brave or kidding myself ...

      Delete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.