Friday, December 08, 2023

Okay back to the fun things...

 What a bummer to read my melancholy thoughts. But that stuff happens in the dreary overcast days of December. The days rush to be darker and more bleak, depressing, dismal, dull, drab, unexciting, insipid, and well...frankly uninteresting.

That is why we have candles and pretty lights this time of the year. This is why some of us may decorate and add life to our homes. 

I personally like winter. But I get why not everyone enjoys it. I can see both sides of the coin.

So back to some fun I go....

Who doesn't think dinosaurs should join the ornaments? I think this one adds a bit of curiosity to all the little horses that reside in the tree. This is a nod to my oldest son who loves dinosaurs.

I haven't asked the unicorns and other horses how they felt about sharing a living area with a dinosaur!


This is a fairly old ornament that I found years ago. It had a tag on it that I took off. I like horses and who doesn't love a Pegasus? I always wanted to have one to ride as a little girl.


Not all dragons under the tree are ferocious. This one seems quite happy. Perhaps it is because it got the gold beads!


This Angel horse was given to me 30 years ago by one of my 4H students. We joked and named this Cheyanne after my mare I owned at the time. Cheyanne was not an angel, but she sure was something else. This stuffed ornament did have her coloring, but not her attitude.


This is the first ornament I ever purchased for myself. It is a cheap plastic rocking horse. I have treasured it for 30 years. I've always liked how the light shines through it.


Once upon a time I had a pony mare called Lily. She had a flaxen mane and tail and was half Halflinger and Arab. She was a tough little 13.5 hand horse with attitude and a great brain. She rode, she drove on a cart and she was purely fearless. We used her to sort cattle and team pen.

She looked exactly like this ornament..

A friend of ours from South Dakota needed a good replacement mount for their 80 yr old mom who'd lost her aged riding and driving mount. We sold her. She served many years for this lady who would ride Lily across the countryside to go to town. Apparently it was shorter than driving there!
When I hang up this ornament, I wonder what adventures Lily and the elder lady had together.



The Grumpy Dragon apparently has made a new friend! She presents him with a gift under the Christmas Chair. [Personally, I think she looks a bit frightful but I suppose they are a match in attitude.]



And...
If anyone was wondering how the Brother's Odd were doing....
I saw Yeti and Big Foot walking down by the creek yesterday. I don't know what they were up to....




But their brother Chewie was watching from a distance.

I just wish they'd help each other out. What on Earth is Chewie waiting for???


If you need your spirits lifted on these wintery bleh days, I will leave you with this photo of Charlie.

Here he is getting ready for colder weather.....


It's Friday. Hug someone.



5 comments:

  1. I sure could hug Charlie! I do enjoy your whimsy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charlie always makes me smile! It was fun to see your ornaments, I love that you sold Lily to an elder lady, I bet they had some great adventures.) It might snow here later today or rain and the wind will blow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have some lovely ornaments! I have several horse ones too, of course.
    Charlie looks like he's ready to go snowboarding or tobogganing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Charlie, you really know how to steal the show! I love the stories of your ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christmas and Christmas ornaments sure do bring back memories. Very nice decorations!

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.