Thursday, December 14, 2023

Rudolph is missing!

I love a good short story. When I wrote for my Grandkids, I used Morris and his toys, I kept the theme rather simple. Someone or something got lost. 

There always big search of some sort. I seemed to  always gravitate towards a theme about friendship and trust. 
When Morris passed on, I couldn't bring his toys to life again. His stories came to an end and I didn't have the heart to even finish his last chapter.

So maybe in some ways, having Legos and endless ways to tell stories will be energizing.

Here we go!



Owner: Welcome to the Alpine Lodge! Name?
Batman: Batman.

Owner: Okay we have a reservation for Bat Man.
Batman: No, it is Batman.

Owner: Okay. Mr. Man.
Batman: Grrrr. It's...Batman.

Owner: Sure Mr. Bat. Man. The room with the balcony is all yours.


Santa: Psst Mr. Batman!
Batman: I am Batman. The Dark Knight. This is my balcony!
Santa: I have a problem I need your help!
Batman: Ok, but I warn you ... I am a night stalking, crime fighting vigilante, and a heavy metal rapping machine!!!

Santa: Um. Okay. I still need your help.
Batman: Of course! I hate criminals. I fight criminals!

Santa: Well it's a reindeer. I'm missing a reindeer.
Batman: Huh?
Santa: I'm missing a reindeer. Rudolph.
Batman: A reindeer. A Rudolph. Heh, is he a criminal that needs to be brought to justice??

Santa: Um. No. He is a reindeer I need for my sleigh.
Batman: He isn't a criminal?
Santa: Well, no, not really.
Batman: Oh. That could be problematic.

Santa: Um. Well, rumor has it that his nose has gone dark!
Batman: A reindeer that has gone to the DARK Side? Tell me more!

Santa turns away and mumbles something about going back to having coffee in the outhouse.

Meanwhile ~~~~~

Santa's elves take to the woods to ask anyone they can to help find Rudolph. Of course they run into ... who else? But the Brother's Odd. 

Elves: The carrots are to lure the missing Reindeer back to us.
Yeti: Well. I am starving. Can I have one?
Elves: Oh. Okay.
Big Foot: Me too?
Elves: I guess we won't argue with Forest Creatures. Sure, they're yours!



Elves: Hi, we are looking for a reindeer named Rudolph.
Chewie: Is that so?
Elves: Yes. Have you seen a reindeer?
Chewie: No, but Stinky and I can keep a look out! I have seen deer though.


Elves: Really? 
Chewie:  A few days ago we saw deer being hunted by a hunter.
Elves: OH no!
Chewie: Don't worry, the hunter didn't have a clue.


Elves: Whew....
Chewie: You know, if you had something the reindeer would like perhaps he'd be easier to find.
Elves: Um. Well. We gave our carrots to a Big Foot, a Yeti, and a Squatch.
Chewie: Oh. Them.






8 comments:

  1. You do make me smile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good, that is the point of it! :)

      Delete
  2. :) Hope Rudolph is found before Christmas Eve!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute story. Who knew lego's were licensed to hunt & carry guns. Great deer bokeh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was a Lego MOC that was painted by someone else, not Lego. Technically it is Lego, but technically it isn't because it is altered. I got that for hubby, so he can go 'hunting'. He really got a chuckle out of it. He says the hunter is no better than those who were hunting near here this winter!

      :)

      Delete
  4. Anonymous6:25 PM

    LD.....I really like a good story. I like how you visually illustrate with the lego guys. Rudolph is hiding and doesn't really want to play any reindeer games as he has his iPhone.

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.