Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Crazy minds and creative thoughts...

I am not always at play.

I do have a complicated life. I run our place and am a full time Caregiver. There is always something I need to address and work on for our place.

 Thankfully, I can have great daydreams. Some would think that a person my ahem, age, shouldn't be like this. My father was a very creative and imaginative person. 
He had no talent for mundane things. His brain was always on the go. My mom was the opposite. She could plan things to the smallest of details. She is regimented in thoughts and actions.

I may be a bit of both. 


Funny how things come to you when you are mucking out a stall [Lil' Richard is the one equine won't try to tear apart our large stall.]

Sunday was MY day of stall cleaning. I filled the skid steer bucket with manure and drove the skid steer to dump the pile of old hay, straw, and shavings. Rich said he was too unsteady to climb in and out of the skid steer.

So it is my job to keep that machinery running and useful. I would much rather use the little 4 wheeler and cart to clean up stuff and dump it, but he sure loves his skid steer. 

I abide by his wishes as my 'job' as his caregiver and wife is to make his days as pleasant as I can.

Here I was dumping and spreading manure when I thought about the recent Lego build we did together. 

The Alpine Lodge build has a cute skating rink, an outhouse, and rooms to rent. It is like having a doll house to play with.

During my shoveling I thought .... wouldn't it be funny to have the Lego Batman sign in as a guest? I mean what on earth would the Dark Knight be doing at a winter lodge???

Wouldn't it be funny to take a photo of Santa Clause being interrupted in the outhouse by one of his elves?

And why would all of this occur?

Oh...And what of The Brothers Odd?

How would this fit in with the much anticipated delivery of the 9th deer for Santa's Sleigh on the MOC build??

As I refilled the bucket with manure and hay chafe, my mind skipped from one thing to another with a story line of images jumping about like quick movie clips.

Did Batman sign into the Lodge because he knew Rudolph went missing for nefarious reasons? 

What did the Elf give Santa as a reason to be interrupted while doing his morning constitution?

How would The Brothers Odd even fit in?

I drove the skid steer to the pile and dumped it, then spent time backing it into the shed to the spot where it can be plugged in on cold mornings for using. That effort took all of my brain power.

I dusted myself off and started towards the house.

What IF a Hunter chased Rudolph into the woods? What IF the Brothers Odd decided to help search for him and found Chewie?


And to think that I kept letting these thoughts engage in the back of my mind while I prepared supper and set up appointments on my calendar for the week.


All because of a Lego Outhouse and an Etsy order for a 9th reindeer.


Santa: What the $#@#$%???
Close the door and let me...
finish!
Elf: But I have important information! 
It seems we've lost Rudolph again!

Santa: Oh NO! Not again!
That foolish reindeer!





Maya is right. The more I think about something fun and creative, the more fun I have. 


Haha. My husband just came over and patted me gently on the head. He says I will be committed to the nuthouse before he goes.


9 comments:

  1. You are the queen of multi tasking! (Lol at Rich's comment)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good one, Rich!! That's funny. I wish I had things like that roving through my mind. Instead it's lists of what I should be doing but am not. Poor Santa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I have all of those lists too. I eventually tick them off, but easily get sidetracked.

      Delete
  3. A caretaker is truly an angel on earth. I am so happy you can turn to your imagination and come up with the best adventures, all while holding down the fort and doing all your important jobs. It's easy to get depressed and down and basically shut down. The lego figures are your windows!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are! And they are a wonderful distraction from everyday worries too.

      Delete
  4. I can relate little as my wife and I have been caregivers for my Mother-in-law for 6 years and it has been 24/7 for the last 2 years .

    ReplyDelete
  5. :) Ha nuthouse! I don't think you are the least bit nutty...but if you are so am I!

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.