Monday, December 11, 2023

Pretty skies

  This year has been fairly plain when looking at sunrises and sunsets. Or perhaps I just didn't get my butt out there to watch them. Most of the summer was dealt with smokey or cloudless skies with no moisture as we went through a summer of drought and Canadian fires.

Thank goodness right now that has changed. The mornings and evening have been presenting us with a few glorious skies.

The 4 second video below is a time lapse of a sunset a couple of nights ago. I set up the camera on the porch while I filled the big stock tank and let the camera do it thing.



I had taken a still shot too.


Friday night wasn't brilliant but it was still worth seeing.


Another 4 seconds of the sunset. It is something that I am
fooling around with. It isn't brilliant, but
this way I can see if I am getting any progress
at all.



Hobby, my minifigure 'self' likes going out and watching the skies with me. Poor thing, she is getting quite worn from bouncing about in my pockets.



Sunrises!


I'm so happy for brilliant mornings and spectacular evenings. In the winter, I can watch both the sunrise and sunset from our porch. In the summer I have to walk out to the pastures to the north.




Sundance after our last snowfall. She'd just taken a snow bath and was watching deer while eating at the hay feeder.




Hopefully we get clear skies and I can actually get out on one of these nights to view the Geminids shower this week.

7 comments:

  1. I like the time lapse. I am no longer an early riser, so I don't see sunrises and I don't think to go to the west end of the house to watch the sunset. I do get to see through your lens, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous7:46 PM

      LD...Love all of the sky photos. Hobby looks like a loyal friend. I always like to see what the mules are up to.

      Delete
  2. I love purple and pink skies! Our house runs north/south with a big picture window to the east and a slightly smaller one to the west, so I get to see a lot of the morning and evening skies. We get a lot of orange and pink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What gorgeous, gorgeous colors!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful sky photos! i watched some of the meteor shower early this morning and it was very active! About 20 meteors over a span of about 10 minutes at 2am.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wished I got up and watched it! Glad you got to see it!

      Delete
  5. Yes I heard the meteor showers are happening. I call your sky cotton candy sunset:)

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.