Sunday, December 10, 2023

Adult Activities in play...


We are working on Lego building again. I leave the Lego pieces to a complicated build in piles in pie plates. When I go to do something else, I can hear him sorting pieces as the parts clink against the pie tins.

Sorting pieces according to color and size appeal to his OCD side. He can't help himself. He has to do it and then supervise how I pick the pieces up. How dare I mess up the piles!


I went to do some chores and left some of the Lego minifigs on the table that went to the Alpine Lodge build.

I came back to this.


His comment was: "Looks like there is an axe murderer chasing the sleeping lady. That fool on the skis..."

Don't tell me that Legos don't encourage something! 

We received a Lego set as a gift in the mail. We already had a Santa set but when Rich opened it, his comment was---> "Now we can add the reindeer to the other set and take that one Reindeer from the Elf set and make the Reindeer be the right number!"

He immediately searched through the packages and sorted everything out for me. Then, he instructed me on how to do a MOC [Lego speak for My Own Creation]. He studied everything and then instructed me to .... create this...👇


We are still working on making one deer into Rudolph and figuring out how to attach him in the front.

Rich then had me search the internet high and low for a replacement reindeer. Really? 
Yes, I ordered one from Etsy which will arrive hopefully on Monday. Then the Reindeer will be all set. 

This weekend is a special 4 day doe hunt in our area. So once again I am banned from the woods as the neighbor folks search the woods for deer. 


That's fine. We'll spend more time playing and building. It does bring joy into our lives to do this together.


A certain amount of play is very healthy. It releases endorphins and reduces stress. And who doesn't want that during the Holidays?



6 comments:

  1. I love this adventure in creativity! I am so glad you found just one more reindeer! My little granddaughter begged to be taken Christmas shopping for mommy. Mommy had seen something in a store and said she wanted it. I did take her and guess what it was? A lego set! I am thinking mommy had picked it up to look at it for someone else, but she will be having her own adventures this winter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Legos are for adults, they have adult sets! Last year a friend got me a Lego set of beautiful flowers which I love. I never have to water them, just rinse the dust off them every once in a while.
      It is like having a doll house to build and then you can move your characters around all you want or redesign it!

      Delete
  2. He has some great ideas! This is not a bad way to spend time together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He did have a great idea! I was pretty pleased.

      Delete
  3. :) Good to see Rich having some fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was into lego big time when I was a kid. It makes me wonder why I ever stopped? Maybe I will start up again!

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.