Saturday, November 30, 2013

The Christmas Chair


Each year the day after Thanksgiving, I try and do a little bit of decoration for Christmas.  
Yesterday while doing the chores I saw a 'project' chair that had been left out in the yard, hubby had been using it to sit on and left it by one of the unoccupied dog houses.
The paint has peeled, the seat has cracked.  The chair is a mess, but perfect for one of my painting projects.
Pretty ugly right? 

I wondered how it would look as a part of my tree.

I don't have much room for decorations so I have to think small.  I only put up a portion of the tree anyway and wondered what it would be like to have the tree mixed in with the ugly peeling chair.
 

Still ugly....but wait...



A few photos can change that...

Depending on the angle chosen.


Well Morris was not impressed at all....he sat with his Angry Bird toy and watched.


However.... I got out my Dolica Tripod and decided to do some camera work.  I thought I'd put it through some paces.  I like how I can get a nice shot with the camera close to the ground.



I got this




and then this...



Of course I should have my Breyer mules here..but I need to find them first...I'm pretty sure that a short trip into the tiny attic shall produce my mules.

I guess I went with a Western Theme this year for my decorations.  
Is there room for gifts under the tree?

No.
That is the other reason that Morris looks unimpressed.
I take 'his' recliner and cover it with Christmas patterned cloth and then stack the gifts in it.

Life in a cottage.
Sure is cozy!

Sometimes I wish for a bigger house, but I'm always happy with the place we have.

3 comments:

  1. Oh this looks just amazing!! This is exactly my kind of Christmas decorations... love the theme, the chair and most of all your faithful helper :-) Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:49 PM

    That's really neat! You have a good eye! Think I'll bring my old chair inside too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely NOT ugly. I love those little donkeys hanging out on the chair. The whole thing is really beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.