Sunday, December 01, 2013

Mona & The Project

Mona, the 9 yr old black and tan hound that was so ill 10 days ago is making a miraculous recovery.

Of course she is not being spoiled at all by staying in the house.  Wink...wink!




I had a picnic yesterday outside and Mona attended.  I put the camera on a self timer and then ran over for some Mona hugs.  She is very good at them!

Morris however is rather put out by having to share attention with Mona.  He didn't want to come outside yesterday and instead pouted on the couch.

After hubby got back from walking the woods and seeing NO deer.  I took my camera and tripod down to the creek bottom.

I was going to try out my Olympus E 420 on some long exposures.  It is an older DSLR but it is handy.  

I got this facing west.  

I happen to really like the colors in the dirt and the reflections off the water.  This was a 6 second exposure at ISO 100.  I used a 4X ND filter.

I then turned around and took a photo upstream, facing west.
See the lines in the water?

Those are from bubbles that are coming up from a hidden little spring.

It was a very productive session with the camera and tripod.

I'm starting to get the feeling that in order to really photograph this little creek, that it is important to show the 'motion' of the creek also.
While walking along the creek, one doesn't think about how the water flows.  Mainly because most times the creek is so quiet.  
The graduation of the downward flow towards Black Bottom is not obvious either.

Yesterday I found tons of tracks along one section of the creek.  The ground was churned up into mud.

I identified coyote, raccoon, possum, squirrel, and deer tracks.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:56 PM

    Wow those shots of the water are great.
    It shows the motion beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that Mona is doing better. Poor Morris though, it's so hard to share!

    I love those photos, especially those bubbles. One of these days, I am going to have to start saving my pennies for a better camera. I love my little point and shoot, but it does have it's limitations.

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.