Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Goodbye 2013

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on.
~~Robert Frost


I know so many people that make New Year's Resolutions. 
I don't anymore because to me New Year's Eve is a day merely to remind you that like your birthday, time marches on.

Tomorrow will be no different.  
Except that you will have to change the 3 to a 4.

2014.

So I say goodbye to 2013 and hello tomorrow with a new month and a new number 4.

Tonight we'll watch the snow fall, watch a Western, and eat popcorn.

No whistles, no promises we can't keep.

Do I sound like a grump?
Sorry don't mean to.

I do have goals, they just don't start on one night.  I have goals each day I awaken.
I hope for good health for family and friends.

I look forward to each new day.

So tonight is no different.
Tomorrow will be lovely and cold.

Goodbye 2013 and hello number 4.

 

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year Val! Our only resolution is to have fun!

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.