Tuesday, April 14, 2009

I am the discover 'channel'

I got my new book called Wildflowers of Wisconsin and the Great Lakes Region delivered today. I ordered it from :
http://www.wisc.edu/wisconsinpress/books/4634.htm


It got here in 3 days.
Impressive.
The book is too.
I am learning that I 'know' a lot, but also want to learn much more. I love identifying the plants that I walk through on my hikes.

I also love to find fungi [in case you haven't noticed].

Today I correctly identified the Wild Leek. [Allium tricoccum] I've always been able to find them in the spring and ID them by their distinctive odor. But have always been frustrated and unable to re~locate them again later in the year.

I'm tempted to pick some and flavor some stew with them...


Ah~hah! According to the book....after flowering in June, they disappear. What a neat trick. Guess that explains why I couldn't find them!

I spent hours walking slowly through the woods. Morris was incredibly happy. He did the dog thing. Ate yucky icky things, rolled in something terribly rotten, and smiled at me afterwards.

I swear he did.

When we got home, I immediately dumped all my clothes and hopped in the shower. This is my wood~tick control. Dump the clothes and take a shower.


I took the exhausted Jack Russell and dumped him in the water too for a quick bath. He was exhausted with a capitol E.



One last note... , when hubby got in the shower the hot water heater decided to give up the ghost for good.
He had a very cold shower.

I'm naughty...but I did laugh. The NEW hot water heater is in the kitchen. I know, I've bumped into it and excused myself to it...I've literally had to 'dance' around the darned thing.
I think tomorrow, it may just get installed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.