Sunday, April 19, 2009
How to make Egg Coffee
Oh Hello Sunday !!!
This morning I mad a great ol' treat.
Sounds awful but it isn't.
I can recall as a kid that we all learned [I think ~ unless my brother got out of it] to make egg coffee every single morning.
1. Mix one egg into a bowl of measured coffee and stir like mad with a fork until it was mixed.
2. When the water boiled in the enamel coffee for 7 minutes.
3. Stir like crazy or it will foam up and boil over...so turn it down and simmer. 4. When done, take it off the heat and dump a half of a cup of very cold water into it and watch the coffee grounds sink to the bottom.
5. Pour the 'slug' out of the spout.
6. Viola, egg coffee. Not as bitter as regular coffee ...
...and much more satisfying to make then Mr. Coffee coffee.
So sit back and sip it and enjoy the taste.
While I made it this morning it brought me back to when I was a kid...standing in the morning next to the stove stirring this horrid egg mixture as the water boiled.
I have concluded that it is not horrid, but a nice change and it isn't bitter.
Last night while on duty I got to listen to some old radio shows from the 30's and 40's.
The Shadow Knows
...and the very creepy show called 'Lights Out....Everybody'.
Radio shows were much more interesting and imaginative than TV...no wonder Dad loved them so much.