Saturday, April 04, 2009

Celebrate life


Where ever you are and whatever you are doing. Celebrate your life.

Heck it is the only one you have, right?

After getting a phone call from my friend's daughter, I learned that my long time friend had 'passed on' peacefully and without pain this morning. I could hear both sadness and relief in the daughter's voice.
And I felt not an emptiness, but a soft spot in my heart give a bump and a nudge. As if 'N' was telling me not to feel too terribly bad, but to make sure I continued to be me, the person she'd known.

So I decided to do something in her honor of course. Take a hike and look for something inspiring on this cool and damp spring day.

I went to the creek.

And I was inspired and awed. I took care to look closely at the little things.



The creek appears barren at this time of year, it seems held in limbo. Not alive with greenery, not colorful like in the winter...but as if it is silently awaiting for the magic touch from Mother Nature to nudge into springtime glory.

Yet I was able to find what I was looking for.
Things of beauty hidden in the dead leaves...

New life springing from the soil...

and I was comforted and content.

And I felt my friend smiling and telling me that I did fine. I mixed tears of love with the creek waters...
and felt better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.