Sunday, June 16, 2024

Buggin' is Distracting

Well, searching for grasses leads to searching for wildflowers

leads to finding cool insects...

leads to being more curious about everything...

and then I forget to do other important things like...

leaving the cleaning for later...laundry maybe can wait....

But then I get back at it. 
You know, mowing, cleaning, making supper stuff, hanging out laundry...

and then I stop and see... 

the bumble bees...

working on the sage plant flowers on the porch...


a little bit later, I drop my basket of clothes and sit to watch a Red Admiral..

he/she is fluttering about on a Forget Me Not flower...


another flutter-by...attracts my
eye...

a Silver Spotted Skipper...




A cardinal swoops into my view and now I have to sit on the porch bench and watch him...


I go back to grab the sheets off the line and checked on my shady wildflower garden. I have to stop again...

more time watching and wondering...

I find the Ultimately Coolest Bug ever...

on a Coreopsis flower...waiting...waiting for a victim...

The Assassin Bug or
Ambush Bug



I watch this insect and wonder why no one has modeled a science fiction creature after this amazing looking insect.

close up...cropped....


I spy...

another type of fly...

on a Hosta Leaf...


time to get back at it...

beds to make, laundry to fold..

but dang, buggin' is a lot more fun...


If it were not for my dad, I may have never picked up this hobby...



4 comments:

  1. What a great hobby! Good on ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You find so many interesting things! Happy Father's Day to Rich!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great weather for all kinda bugs!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I get distracted by buggin'. I lost my buggy young partner when she moved, but I still enjoy going out and looking!

      Delete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.