Wednesday, June 14, 2023

All in a Day

All in a day's work.


I'm actually a bit too small of a person to handle a scythe properly with a good wide swing. However, I make it work.

I do this work at dawn, it is cooler out and I learned that weeds cut with a scythe much easier when they are damp with dewfall.

I see these tools hanging on the side of sheds with citified folk who don't know how to use them ... I imagine they are 'decorates'. To me, it is better than a power tool. I have to get it sharpened again. I asked hubby but he forgot.

[Perhaps I'll take it up to my neighbor and have him do it as he has one too. When I was getting the mail he and his son were out yesterday afternoon and we discussed the attributes of Scythes. I think he was surprised that I used on. ]

Next up was a trip to town to turn in my ancient STIPUD Phone and see if I could get a newer upgraded one. I went to the local US Cellular place in town and was waited on by the absolutely nicest bunch of customer service folks. The gal that waited on me was named Sara and she was newer at her job so she apologized a lot for doing things slowly.

I told her that this was my thing to do today, so I was not in a rush. I was learning about this phone and it was the first decent one I've ever had. My previous cell came at a discount of less than $50 and I admit, it was pretty crappy. However, it worked for what I needed it for.

Hands down. The greatest Customer Service I've ever had from anyone in recent memory!

When I got home I tried to familiarize myself with the Google Pixel phone [yeah Eddie, it is a nice phone and I got it for 50% off!]. 
Olive texted and asked if I wanted to walk in their woods with her and Aiden.

Off we went.
We were hunting for Oyster Mushrooms and we hit the jackpot.
The first shot is dried up Oysters...

[photos below are with the cell phone Google Pixel 6a]


This one is of a flush of them....


No Forest Adventure is complete without a Lego Person.
This guy needs a name before he is introduced to Fern! Got any good ideas?


By nearly nightfall, I was tired and worn out. Today I'll have to take a nap so I can go out in the fields on the ridge and hopefully shoot the milky way & fireflies!

As a last bit of something, I'll say this. I know I go on and on about CrossFit and it may seem obsessive to others. It can seem that way. Below is a link to a video that pretty much shows what our gym is like. It isn't a hard core place -- though if you wish to be hard core, it can be done. Our gym is very unique. In the summer they offer children's gym class and teen gym class too.

CrossFit Viroqua 'We are Family'

This video is Exactly Why I
Go... [the video directs you to watch it on FB so I am sorry for that, but if you have access, it is really quite fun and very short.]

PS: 
This morning I finished up the Thistle Patch ... onto my next Farm Job whatever that will be!



6 comments:

  1. Great video! I see why you like it there. And I never have thought you are obsessive about CrossFit. You bring it up as part of your day. You and Olive found a treasure trove of mushrooms!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People who talk a lot about CF generally get a look like -- you are nutso to want to sweat or work out. This gym is a great place to release a lot of energy and get some from all the positive things we do together.

      Delete
  2. A. Corn The A could be Alex, Archer, Alfie, Amos, Ace or Abner :) Off to watch the video now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love just plain A. Corn. One would not even have to use the first name!

      Delete
  3. My dad's scythe on the farm had the neatest curved handle. He used it to clear areas of weeds but mostly to cut grass for the livestock. I had forgotten about that. I left the farm at 18 and never really went back when I could have been big enough to use it.

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.